ART PIC OF THE DAY - Click it for info...

ART PIC OF THE DAY - Click it for info...
ART PIC OF THE DAY - Click it for info...

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Working in my own little Ethnic Cottage...

Here's a living room vignette I've finally finished. I think. Well, at least until I find something else to add :-)
Since I'm very sentimental, I have lots of little things I love in this vignette. A turkey feather my dad and I got on a walk, the frog my sister-in-law gave me many moons ago, and a wierd percussion instrument made with small shells (lower right) that I actually used in a band! Oh and the lovely young lady bust - I believe another sister-in-law thought I'd been coveting it and kindly gave it to me during a move.
You can see I just add things that I love that are fairly monochromatic. Except the bright green spot on the left. That's another story and it's just its temporary home for now.
Years ago I found the portion of a vintage Indian textile (sari?) at a flea market for $5.00. It's been through all sorts of decorating incarnations. And worked in any room I've put it in - I love serendipity!



Note the lovely pack of matches I forgot to remove. I'm sure professionals don't have this trouble.