ART PIC OF THE DAY - Click it for info...

ART PIC OF THE DAY - Click it for info...
ART PIC OF THE DAY - Click it for info...

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

ECD DECORATING WITH BOOKS

I love books and decorating with books so much, I could do endless blogs about this subject! As it is, I'll keep it to a few comments, quotes, and then share some awesome ethnic cottage decor photos with you. Hope you'll find some to give you a little decorating with books inspiration...Enjoy!
  • "A home without books is like a room without windows." Henry Ward Beecher
  • ART AND BOOKS GO TOGETHER LIKE PEANUT BUTTER & CHOCOLATE.
  • "I gave my books their own room. Now they want the whole house."
  • BOOKS ARE ESSENTIAL. VITAL. NECESSARY TO LIFE.
  • "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."  Jorge Luis Borges
  • Confession Number I: I read past my bedtime.
  • "The things I want to know are in books; my best friend is the man who'll get me a book I ain't read." Abraham Lincoln
  • I personally don't believe in "book wallpaper". I believe in BOOKS! However, I have included one incredible example below if you are in love with this style. 
  • "She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain." Louisa May Alcott
  • I'm not crazy about the decorating trend of covering your books with matching paper so your bookshelf will have a certain look. But if you like this fad, there's a cool website for you: http://www.booksbythefoot.com/
  • "Books are the perfect entertainment: no commercials, no batteries, hours of enjoyment for each dollar spent. What I wonder is why everybody doesn't carry a book around for those inevitable dead spots in life." Stephen King
  • Confession Number II: I am a book hoarder.
  • "I declare there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing other than a book!" Jane Austen
  • "The book to read is not the one that thinks for you, but the one which makes you think. No book in the world equals the Bible for that." Harper Lee
  • "The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, and all the sweet serenity of books." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
  • "The person who has not pleasure in a good novel must be intolerably stupid." Jane Austen
  • "You're never too old, too wacky, too wild, to pick up a book and read to a child." Dr. Seuss
  • "There's nothing like staying at home for real comfort." Jane Austen
  • "Literature is my Utopia." Helen Keller
  • Jane Austen knew everything, didn't she?
Pinterest - ONE OF MY FAVORITE ROOMS OF ALL TIME!




Home Office by Seattle Media And Blogs Splendid Willow - THIS IS THE AWESOME BOOK
WALLPAPER you can find at http://www.andrewmartin.co.uk/wallpaper-showroom.php 








Houzz.com
Home Office by New York Photographer Rikki Snyder - another ongoing favorite of mine

My fantasy bedroom!
ALL UNACCREDITED PHOTOS FROM THIS "BOOK" POST ARE FROM PINTEREST.COM.


Lastly, here are some great books to refer to if you'd like to pursue DECORATING WITH BOOKS. Enjoy!

  • DECORATING WITH BOOKS - Elle Decor
  • BOOKS MAKE A HOME - Damian Thompson
  • DECORATING WITH BOOKS - House Beautiful
  • BOOKS DO FURNISH A ROOM - Leslie Geddes Brown
  • AT HOME WITH BOOKS: How Booklovers Live With and Care for Their Libraries - Estelle Ellis
  • LIVING WITH BOOKS - Alan Powers